Tuesday 22 January 2013

Making a Mediteranean Burger.

Last week I decided to make something I have always wanted to make. A homemade burger.  Not the bun though. I am really bad at baking.  Anyway I found the recipe in this long forgotten recipe book that was tucked into one the boxes in the store room. I found the book when I was helping my mom clean out the store room.  The thing is, I don't know who bought the book.  My mom said she didn't buy it and, it sure as heck wasn't me.  But there it was, a small recipe book that specialize in lamb.

I love lamb.  Many of my friends don't like it.  They said they don't like the smell but I think the smell is what makes lamb meat different.  So when I saw the recipe for the Mediterranean Burger, I felt I really need to give it a go.  It looks simple enough and I think I can manage it.

It took me several days to get all the ingredients as different ingredients requires me to go to different store. I basically found everything on the list but the pine nuts. I searched for it at all the stores I normally go and I could not find any.  Posted on my facebook asking if any of my friends knew where I could find it, but none of the replies helped. When I was just about to give up I found it.  It was in the nuts section of the store. I grabbed it off the shelve and was so happy until I saw the price.  It was the most expensive item in that section.  In fact it was twice the price of Macadamia Nut.  So reluctantly I placed the pine nuts back on the shelve and find for an alternative.  I picked the sunflower seeds and I got to say, it worked.  So here is the finished result.  Looks yummy, right?


I am not sure if I should post the recipe out on here as I am not sure if anyone is even reading. So I won't post it as it is not my recipe anyway.  Anyway this is one of the few successful food experiments. I do find it weird that no salt was required for this recipe. I do think that if there were a little salt in the lamb patties it would had been perfect.  Other then that, it was yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment