Sunday 10 March 2013

Weekend Fun With Friends Part 2

Sorry it took me so long to write this entry but I did have a rather busy week with Chinese New Year and all. Then I was all caught up with life and whatnots. Whenever I was free, I found other things to do and I guess I was kinda lazy too. Anyway here I am, trying to finish my entry. 

After we left Pulau Aman, we went looking for this famous floating seafood restaurant.  At least I was told, it was famous.  I have not heard of the restaurant before but then I am not really an adventurous foodie kinda person.  What I mean is, I would go anywhere for food, however I am not the kind of person who would spend my day reading foodie blogs looking for a next new place to go.  I guess I am more of a follower and I am looking cause my friends are the adventurous kind of people and I get to follow them.

We got lost on the way to the restaurant.  We used Waze app on our cell phone to help us get to the restaurant, however we took a wrong turn and didn't realize it till later. And the funny part was that the Waze just kept us driving on and on.  Weird, right?

Anyway, we finally found the restaurant with some help from a human and not an app.  So here it is, we finally made it to the restaurant.


The waitress there was as helpful as she can. We are not sure if she really understood us when we ordered.  She was speaking Chinese but we are not sure what dialect she was actually talking in.  When we spoke to her in Hokkien she seemed to understand then she would answer us in Mandarin.  So my friend would then reply to her in Mandarin, she would then look confused.  Once we have finally ordered, we were worried that she may not get our orders right.  But she did get it right.

The food is pretty yummy.  I loved their steam fish.  It was something different and I have never seen fish steamed like that.  It's called Steam Fish Assam Laksa style.  It's was good.  I always like food that is slightly sour.  So it was good.  It even have the white Laksa noodle and pineapple in the dish.


OK, I have to admit, I am a rather lazy and impatient person, especially when it comes to food.  I should had taken more pictures, but I only took the one that I find most interesting.  The steam fish assam laksa style.  The rest of the dishes were good and its pretty much the normal dishes.  Nothing special.


As you can see the restaurant is floating on water.  The water is murky but we can see some fishes.  They even have some live crabs.  I saw the employee feeding the fishes.  I saw him grinding some meat in the grinder and threw it into the water.  Yes...he was feeding the fishes meat.  Weird, right?

We had our late lunch and we decided that we needed some pampering.  So we went for a nice, relaxing  foot reflexology. It was a very relaxing and I could hardly keep my eyes open.  It does hurts a little but it feels so good.  After the relaxing hour, it was time to go to our next restaurant.

This restaurant is also very well known.  The restaurant is known for their steamboat and their unique soup base they used for their steamboat.  Instead of some meat based soup, they actually use a fish and yam based soup.  It is really tasty and very delicious.  Milk is added to the soup for an extra taste.


Doesn't it look delicious?  My friend told me that the reason we are there early was because if we were to go later, the restaurant will be packed.  Even at 6pm, the restaurant is half full and customers are steadily filling up the restaurant.  When I was leaving, a long line form outside, waiting for any available tables.  Business is good.

 This is the name of the restaurant.

With our full stomach we decided to take a walk and visit the near by Chinese temple.  If I am not mistakens, the name of the temple is the Nine Emperor Temple.  Since its almost Chinese New Year, The whole temple was lit up with lanterns and it was beautiful.

The entrance to the Nine Emperor Temple.


This is the close up of one of the beautiful pillars around the temple. 

I love all the lanterns that were hung on the ceiling and all around the temple.

I think this was some kinda wish fountain as there were a lot of coins in the fountain.  My friend threw her coin and it landed in the top tier of the fountain while my coin landed in the second tier.

After walking around the temple, my cell phone were running out of battery so I just snapped a many as I can before my cell phone died on me, but it never did.  Which was a bloody miracle cause the low battery beep kept beeping, reminding me.
 
 I had a wonderful time and I realized that I really need to go out more. In the past I had friends inviting me to join their with their outings and I had always found an excuse not to go. I was so comfortable staying at home, that I just didn't want to leave my house.  I am so glad that I went out with my friend L and since this outing, I had been going out more, making new friends and just enjoying life.  I guess you're never too old to make new friends and experience something new.





No comments:

Post a Comment